Majority of operations at the airport are handled by Indian Airlines. All passengers and visitors are offered a number of modern facilities to ensure a hassle-free journey. Amausi Airport is easily accessible from Lucknow Junction Railway Station and Charbagh Railway Station. For all travelers, there are many airport hotels situated close to the airport.
Location of Lucknow Airport
is positioned at a distance of 8 km from the city. The airport has a runway length of 7835 ft. and has an elevation of 400 ft.
How to Reach Lucknow Airport
Lucknow airport is quite easily accessible from other parts of the Lucknow city. The area can easily be covered in taxis, local transport buses and auto rickshaws. It is advisable that passengers reach the airport well before the flight schedule to ensure all their paper works are completed in time. Try reaching the international terminal at least 3 hours before the flight timings.
Domestic Airlines served at the Lucknow Airport:
• Indian Airlines (Delhi, Varansi, Mumbai)
• Jet Lite (Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai)
• Air India (Delhi)
• Air Sahara (Kolkata, Delhi, Patna, Gorakhpur, Mumbai)
• Jet Airways (Delhi, Mumbai)
• Indigo Airlines (Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Patna)
• MDLR Airlines (Delhi, Goa)
• Air Deccan (Delhi)
• Kingfisher Airlines (Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, Jammu)
International Airlines halting at Lucknow Airport:
• Oman Air (Muscat)
• Saudi Arabian Airlines (Jeddah, Riyadh)
• Indian Airlines (Sharjah)
• Air India (Dubai)
Passenger Facilities offered at the Airport:
• Wheel Chair
• Telephone Security Hold Area
• Doctor on call
• Assistance to physically challenged / Aged / Infirm
• Conveyor Belts
• Inter Terminus Bus Service
• Car Rental Service
Lucknow is the capital city of Uttar Pradesh state of India. The city is often termed as the ‘city of Nawabs’ and is popular for polite people, music, fine cuisine and poetry. At present, you can see the Lucknow’s fading nineteenth-century monuments that bear the scars of the fighting. This was all due to the destruction wreaked by the British army when they regained control.